Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Sunday, November 6, 2016

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

Just over 5 years ago I went to a fireside where Elaine S. Dalton was speaking. She talked about having a personal scripture list that she kept on a laminated bookmark.

She felt inspired to share with us her personal scripture list. She told us to put down scriptures that were personal to us, and that if we were ever having a bad day, we could look at that list and feel God's love for us. These scriptures can be written down in the front of your scriptures, on a bookmark, or piece of paper.

Since that time, my scripture list has grown to almost a page long list. It reminds me that I'm loved, and makes me feel that the Lord has specific scriptures and specific guidance just for me! 
 
I have a post on here with some of my favorite speeches given  at BYU Devotionals, Conference, and CES Firesides. Here is a link to that list Words of Wisdom: My Personal Pot of Gold.

I've been wanting to put together a list for a while now of some of my favorite songs. These songs make me feel better whenever I'm feeling down. A lot of them are peppered through this blog, and a lot of them are Christian songs. I love the messages. I love the reminder that God is in the details. Enjoy!

One of my favorite bands is called Sikewalk Prophets. The name made me a little weary when I first heard it, but I can't help but feel loved and uplifted every time I hear their music. 


Okay, I'll stop now. These are just a few of my favorites! I tried to put at least one song from each of my favorite artists. I could talk about these songs and how they've changed my life for days! For now, I'll just say that I feel very blessed to have found them, and I'm happy to be sharing them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment