Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Words of Wisdom - My Personal Pot of Gold



I’ve had a few people ask me to write down some of my favorite BYU Devotionals/CES devotionals/ General Conference talks so that they can listen to them at work, while driving or while making dinner. I’ve listened to hundreds of these talks, and here is a list of just a few of my favorites. 

Due to the links of  these talks not always working, I'll post the You Tube videos here with the name of the talk,  so that if needed you can go back and look the talk up.

These talks have helped me through numerous experiences.  I've shared these talks with countless friends. I was so moved by a few of these talks, that I personally wrote the speakers thank you letters, because of what an impact it had on me and those around me. Enjoy!


                              Nevertheless I Went Forth - Anthony D. Perkins



                    Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread - Elder D. Todd Christofferson




                     Zoram and I: Getting Our Stories Straight- David B. Paxman



                              What Is Your Calling In Life- Jeffery A. Thompson 



                                                Adversity – Elder Dallin H. Oaks



                       To Sweep The Earth As With A Flood –  Elder David A. Bednar


                                                          Timing- Dallin H.Oaks



                                      Lessons From Liberty Jail - Jeffrey R. Holland



                                        His Grace is Sufficient – Brad Wilcox



                                    Mountains To Climb – Henry B. Eyring



                                          Endure It Well – Elder Neal A. Maxwell




     Depending On the Lord: Gospel Insights From a Musician- C. Raymond Smith




                                           Swallowed Up in the Will of the Father – Maxwell



                                                 Daddy, is Jeasus Real?- Scott Esplin 


Into the Burn - Val Anderson
 

There are many other amazing talks like these, but these are just a few of my favorites. I realize that most of these talks I’ve chosen were given by men, but there are a lot of really great talks given by women as well. I tried to put a few on here, but they don’t have a copy of the ones I wanted on You Tube. I’ll mention a few more below here that you are welcome to look up if you finish the ones above.

Personal Ministry: Sacred and Precious - Bonnie D. Parkin

Any speech given by Hartman Rector Jr. 

Patricia T. Holland


If you ever want to listen to more talks like the ones listed above, please visit the BYU Speeches website that I’ll post below. It’s a great way to pass the time, and I always feel uplifted and edified when I do.

https://speeches.byu.edu/


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I want to watch them all! I have only seen like 3 of them.

    ReplyDelete