Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Monday, March 21, 2016

Chess



This weekend I went to a friend’s birthday party and was introduced to the musical “Chess.” We all were asked to dress up in black and white clothes and come enjoy the 2008 stage version of the musical. The cast was pretty amazing from Idina Menzel to Adam Pascal to Josh Groban. Tim Rice wrote the lyrics and the men from the band ABBA helped write the music. That’s exactly what it sounds like. It sounds like “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat” meets “Momma Mia.” 

I’ve been listening to the music all weekend and wanted to share a few of my favorite songs here. It’s a thrill when someone can teach me something about a musical that I hadn’t known before. It doesn’t happen very often, but I love it when it does! 

 Now that you've fallen in love with the music, if you have a few hours here is the link to watch the whole show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment