Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Monday, February 1, 2016

Snow, Snow, Snow!




Happy February 1st! It has snowed most of the day today and it’s cold outside! I’m excited for tomorrow. I’ve celebrated Groundhog day for the last few years. I have a little party and I watch the movie with some friends. It’s the little things in life, you know? Everything outside is so beautiful! It’s so white. I want to hate it, but then I think of how much we need it. It’s one of those moments when the scripture “All things in their season” comes to mind. 

This applies to life as well. As much as I want to race to the future, or sometimes relive the past, they have their time and place. For me right now in my life, that place is a personalized accelerated learning process right where I am. I feel like I’ve been learning new things about myself every day! They are not necessarily things I want to know, but by knowing them it helps me be able to change.

Last night it started to snow. Snow turns into ice. It gets hard and harmful. However with the warmth and light of the sun, over time it melts away never to return again. I’ve been thinking a lot about forgiveness recently. This cycle that we have to go through over and over again. I don’t know if it gets any easier. However, like I said before, there is a season for everything. There is a season to mourn. There is a season to laugh, and there is a season to learn.There is a season to forgive. 


I journeyed into the past today to try to fix my present and help create my future. I don’t know if it really did anything, but it was very eye opening. This poem describes today and I thought I’d share it here.

Pillow Fight

The world is in a pillow fight
The feathers wet and cold
Some are small and light as fluff
And some are big and bold

They shower down upon my face
Upon my lips and nose
They fall from high above my head
And land beneath my toes

They swirl around in bursts of wind
It bites with bitter frost
It is packed into a ball
And towards another tossed

People throw it back and forth
Also to and fro
The world is such a happy place
When it begins to snow
Elysha 2/18/10 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment