Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Broken Things




I realized something today. I mean I already knew this information, but it brought a whole new meaning today. I’ve been working with someone for a few months now, and at first we didn’t get along very well. She’s much older than me and we both have very strong opinions. I would complain to my friends about her, and just couldn’t understand why I felt so unneeded around her. 

I thought about approaching her about it, and trying to start over. We’ve known each other for well over a year. However I didn’t say anything, and I just tried to follow her lead. She has more authority than I do, and I realized that I needed to just calm down and let her do her job, so I can do my job. 

Over the past few weeks we’ve been spending a lot more time together. Through our job and the kind of work we were doing, we had to give a lot of personal examples to those we taught. Every time we’d give a new presentation I’d learn all sorts of cool information about her. She’s been to so many cool places, and has had so many cool opportunities. I’ve met her husband a few times, and he’s really great as well. 

I realized that it’s hard to love someone when you’re busy judging them. (I’m sure there is a quote about that somewhere.) It’s hard to see all the great things about someone, when you’re focused on their weaknesses. I’m lucky because in my case we both came to the same conclusion at the same time. 


People are my business. I love people. I am constantly meeting new people and making new friends. I find sometimes it’s easier to become friends with a total stranger, then someone you sometimes run into, because you’ve already formed opinions and ideas about the person you constantly see. I believe it was in an acting class that my teacher said, “When you walk into an audition you need to be confident. The people you are auditioning for, will judge you within 2 seconds of you walking into that room.” 

In order to meet new people sometimes we need to rip down our walls of defiance, and let the Lord take over. I used to think that being broken was a bad thing, but I think it’s a good thing now. It’s something that needs to happen in order to help us grow stronger and as a person. 

“Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete. Could we just be broken together?” “Praise His name, my God loves broken things.” 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment