Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Sunday, December 27, 2015

“Angels We Have Heard on High” -Mom’s Christmas Present



 I hope you had a Merry Christmas! I got to be home with my family this Christmas, and we even were lucky enough to have a white Christmas! As a side note, the movie “White Christmas” might be my favorite holiday movie. 

My older sister a few months ago had a great idea. We always have a really hard time shopping for our mother, because she already has everything she needs. When I say it’s hard, I mean nearly impossible to get her something she’ll use and enjoy. So my sister suggested we use our talents to make a gift for our mother. Use something artistic to show her how much she means to us. We’d be using our talents that she paid for like piano, singing, or something like that.

I thought about writing her a poem, but I’ve done that a number of times already, and it didn’t seem like quite the right gift. Well, it was a day or two before Christmas and a few of my sisters hadn’t done anything either. None of us know how to play the piano, even after all of those years, but we do know how to sing. We knew that my mom loved to hear us sing, so I figured we’d make a video, it’d take maybe 15 minutes, and then we’d all have made something for my mom. 

I was wrong. 

It didn’t take 15 minutes, it probably took an hour, and I don’t remember the last time that I laughed that hard. I was crying with tears streaming down my face, doubled over on the floor because I couldn’t breathe from laughing so hard.  I love my sisters!!! We had to recruit our other sister, because I could not remember how to sing. I think it’s because I was laughing so hard/ too confident in my abilities to sing the alto part. 

Either way, you better believe that I 100% know that part now. On Christmas Eve my mom had us sing for her a few different songs, and I kept trying to get us to go to bed, because I didn’t want her to have reached her happiness quota for us singing these songs, and then hear us sing them all the next day. I don’t think it really would have mattered, but she loved our gift to her! 

You may not find them very funny, but everyone I’ve shown these videos too has at least smiled. It’s kind of hard not to. 

Here are the 7 takes it took for us to sing the Christmas song “Angels We Have Heard on High.” They’re all on YouTube, and most of them are less than a minute long. Video #3 is definitely my favorite one.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment