Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Thursday, November 19, 2015

B-Rated



Today was a day filled with B rated things. I'd give my outfit for today a B. I'd give my attitude towards the day a B. I'd say my attention to detail at work and how much I got done was definitely a B. However halfway through the day I decided to make my attitude an A. I changed my clothes and felt like an A+. I went out of my way to make a new friend, was productive, and practiced my Chinese for the first time in a long time. 

My friend and I went to institute and after institute we watched “Step Up 2 – The Streets.” I bought this movie like 6 years ago when a movie store was going out of business. I’ve had friends that liked this movie, but I’ve never really liked it. I’ve owned it for years, but have never watched it since I bought it. I remembered not liking it the first time I watched it, but I kept it just in case I ever felt like watching it. 

Well the day finally came. My friend wanted to watch it so we did. After it was over, I sent it home with her. I don’t plan on watching it again. In my mind the acting was awful and it was a B rated movie. 

I use this term all of the time, and most of my friends have no idea what I’m talking about. So, for those of you who have never heard this term Urban dictionary will spell it out for us:

“1. A movie made with a low or limited budget.
2. The phrase is more commonly misused to describe a movie of noticably poor quality.
3. It is rarely used to describe a movie with a low profit margin regardless of budget size, but I have heard it used this way occasionally.
1.      "For a b movie, it had some pretty sweet visual effects."
2.      2. "That might have been the worst movie I have ever seen. I wish the reviewer had mentioned it was a b movie"

Now you know! I found this song today that was clearly not a chart topper from Selena Gomez, but I instantly thought of one of my best friends and sent it to her. It might just become one of my new favorite songs. I like things that fly under the radar; Things that are done by popular singers, but no has heard of the song. I like another song like that from Hilary Duff that makes me smile every time. I’ll post them both right here. 


At the end of the day I wanted to write something. It was written today. I don’t often share things that I’ve recently written. Mostly because they’re too fresh, and I haven’t decided how I feel about them, so I don’t care for others opinions on them. However, I’d say this is a B-rated poem, so it just happens to fit in with this blog post today.

Be Rated

Spend an evening
Spend a day
Sit with me
Walk my way

Who are you
Here to impress
Call it swagger
Call it dress

Play the field or
Play your cards
Be yourself
It’s not that hard

Be unique or
Be the same
Either way
You’re in the game

Feel the music
Feel some soul
Go let loose
Or take control

Walk your path
Be set free
You are who you is
So be who you be

Elysha 11-18-15

No comments:

Post a Comment