Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Inspirational Music



To quote an admired song writer, "It's not hopeless. It's just Friday, but Sunday's coming soon!"  - Michael Mclean

I tried to type up some words of wisdom for today, but I couldn't come up with anything. I went to a cousins mission farewell at church today, and I sat by an adorable little girl. She colored the front of a hymn book for me, and then the notes inside. I asked her if I could keep her drawing. When it was time to sing the hymns, she opened her fake hymnal and sing out of it. It was adorable, and reminded me of how important music really is in my life.


 Music helps me cope with life.

“Sacred music has a unique capacity to communicate our feelings of love for the Lord. This kind of communication is a wonderful aid to our worship. Many have difficulty expressing worshipful feelings in words, but all can join in communicating such feelings through the inspired words ." -Dallin H. Oaks

Do you want to know who inspires me? All of these artists! They're spending their lives spreading happiness and hope into the world through music.

If I'm searching for peace, hope, or assurance, I always find it through music. "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads."( Doctrine and Covenants 25:12).  So for today's blog post I'm going to post an array of songs that I love from all sorts of Christian artists. The videos will all probably be lame, but the peaceful feelings that these songs bring into my home are priceless. I hope one day to write songs that bring that same sense of peace. Enjoy!





“Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. ‘Accentuate the positive.’ Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley

Happy Sabbath! 



No comments:

Post a Comment