Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Monday, July 13, 2015

Why Is It...




“Why is it some mornings
Your clothes just don’t fit?
Your pants are too short
To bent over or sit,
Your sleeves are too long
And your hat is too tight– –
Why is it some mornings
Your clothes don’t feel right?”
-Shel Silverstein

This is how I felt today. I had a great idea for an outfit before I went to bed last night, and when I put it on this morning it just didn’t fit right! My skirt was too short, my shirt was too tight, my hair wouldn’t cooperate, I forgot to put on a bracelet, and I wore a pair of brown shoes that I never wear, and they were hard and awkward. (Talk about #firstworldproblems) 

I mentioned this to my co-worker, and she said I looked just fine. After about an hour I went and double checked my outfit in the bathroom, to try to make myself feel better. While there I decided something simply had to be done about my hair. I had one elastic, and decided if I braided my hair in a loose braid, I could go for the Elsa off of “Frozen” look. I failed miserably. I thought about throwing it into a ponytail, but my hair was down and frizzy and driving me crazy! 

Luckily at that moment the Lord sent an angel into the bathroom. A girl that I know that works in a different department came in. I’ve never actually run into her at work before, so it took me by surprise. She saw my plight, and was nice enough to braid my hair for me.


After that I was fine for the rest of the day. I still didn’t like my outfit, but I could deal with it for a few more hours, and then I could go home and change. It was just another reminder that the Lord is in the details. He has a lot of things to do, but he knew that his daughter was having a rough morning, and sent someone to my rescue. Some might call it coincidence. Call it what you will. I choose to look at it as a small miracle and answer to prayers. 

I decided to change my frame of mind and look at all the good that came out of my poor outfit choice. I now have a pair of shoes that I can get rid of, and have a reason to go buy a new pair of comfortable brown flats. I decided that I was wearing my skirt too high, and put it down on my hips so that it was a more normal length, and discovered that I don’t like to wear flare skirts and shirts at the same time. 

See, it’s all in how you choose to see things. 

I love this song from Calvin Burgess the musical. It’s a less known song, but it shows that we all have bad days, even though we sometimes think that we’re the only one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment