Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

She Glows in the Dark




I work in Human Resources. I help people all day long. I help people get jobs; I help do the paper work when they no longer work with us, and a lot of things in between. Today the director came into our office and asked us some questions about how to help someone get a job. He said he knew a girl that was trying to get a job in our office, but she wasn’t sure of the application processes. He said some nice things about her and then he said, “She glows in the dark.” 

That could seem like a weird thing to say out of context. He was talking about what a spiritual giant she was. I’ve never heard that saying before, but I really liked it. I’ve been thinking about it all day. I’ve heard numerous stories of people who in essence “glowed” because of the life they were living. They were just really good people and it showed. 

I believe this is a real thing. I’ve known a few people who have a glow about them. I just want to be around them. I feel like it’s also a little contagious. It’s like when you’re outside and it’s dark. If you see a light you’re going to try to get to that light. Then when you find the light, you feel safe and want to bring others to the light for warmth and safety.

There is a talk that comes to mind that was given by Whitney L. Clayton in the April 2015 LDS General Conference. He talks about a little girl who lost her family in a plane crash, and how she walked towards a light in the wilderness darkness in order to survive. Here's the link to that talk: Choose to Believe

At certain points in my life people have told me that I look different, or rather that I look happy and healthy. They can tell that things are going well and right in my life. After I heard the director talk about this girl “glowing in the dark” today, I decided to see if my life was aligned to the things I should be doing. Could someone say that about me? It definitely helped me put some things in perspective, and made me want to turn off the Netflix, get off the couch, and go do something more worthwhile with my life. 

I decided this was a good start.

 I'm going to change Gandhi's words a little bit and say, "Be the light you wish to see in the world."

I heard this song yesterday and loved it. When we make the choice to change and turn around, there will always be someone there waiting for us. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment