Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Have A Little Faith In Me




I am really happy in my life right now. I’m not really sure why that is, but everything is going really well for me. I’m in a good place, and I’m trying every day to be a little better. I’m not worrying to much about others or what they think. I’m not worried about filling every second of my life with things to do. I’m learning new things at work, and I really love my coworkers. I’m healthy. I’m happy. I’m reading new books and seeing new movies. I’m trying new things. I’m trying to move forward in my life with faith. I’m starting to do the things I enjoy. I’m smiling every day. I’m laughing all the time. I’m meeting new people. I’m giving service. I’m having deep conversations with relative strangers. I’m going to random game nights. Life is good.

As I was leaving work this girl left right behind me, and I felt like I should talk to her. I didn’t know what to say, so I didn’t say anything, but I felt like I should offer her a ride. When I noticed she didn’t have a car I pulled over to where she was and offered her a ride. She was very grateful and said she needed to get to the freshman dorms that were about four or five blocks away, and was thinking about just running home. She was late for something, and today was her second day of work. It was kind of random, but I’m really glad I stopped to help her. It’s been a long time since I’ve done something like that. I don’t usually give total strangers a ride, but it just seemed like the right thing to do. 


After that I came home and ate my pizza from yesterday, did laundry, and watched this really really good movie. It was a little slow moving, but I enjoyed it. There were no sex scenes, swearing, or violence, and it basically was about people getting over their fears. The main guy learned to love again, and it was just a cute hopeful chick flick. It’s called “Love Happens.” It’s got Aaron Eckhard and Jennifer Aniston in it. The cover looked kind of cheesy, but the real reason I even chose to watch it, was because of the friend in the movie. She also plays the friend in “The Wedding Planner.” Her name is Judy Greer. I really love that actress. She’s the quirky actress. She’s never the leading lady, but her lines are always so funny! She just owns who she is.

I found this quote a few weeks ago, and I really like it. “Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley

I also like this quote.

 “God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities. God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe.”
― Jeffrey R. Holland
 
Have a great week! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment