Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Taylor the Latte Boy

 

The first time I heard this song posted above, I kind of fell in love with it. It’s so funny! It’s called “McDonald’s Girl.” The song stops at 2:35. This is my favorite version of this song, so I’m really glad I found it on YouTube. There are two songs in this video. The second song is about Coca-Cola and it’s great as well. They sing this song by doing the voices of all of the people who applied to sing the Coca-Cola song, but didn’t make the cut.

Last night a group of people in my ward got together and watched a classic Halloween movie called “The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.” I thought that it was actually about a chicken, so I was confused for about half of the movie. I’d never seen it before, but it's definitely a classic.

After we finished watching the movie my roommate and I decided to go grocery shopping. Obviously we live a very glamorous life. As we were shopping we found bread bowls, and decided to make some soup to put in them for dinner. By make soup, I mean we bought a can of Progresso soup. We came home and made this delicious dinner! As I was eating it, I started trying to remember the last time I’d eaten soup in a bread bowl. I think I may have had one around this time last year. Then I remembered probably one of the first times I’d had it. 

I had recently turned 16, and I had gone on a school trip to see the play Footloose a few hours away from my home. We’d stopped to buy dinner, and I met this really cute boy. He was a server, and was REALLY cute. I’d hoped he’d bring us our food, but alas, we were stuck with a girl waitress. I ended up writing this super cheesy poem about the whole experience. 

Chili Bowl
“I’d like to have some chili,
Please, in a breaded bowl.”
I took a number and a chair
And a glance I stole

The girl who took my number
Was very nice and kind
But my gaze wasn’t on her
It was on the guy behind

I became infatuated
And my heart skipped a beat
I went and got some silverware
And then I found a seat

I talked to my friends
With my mind in another place
Their eyes were looking all around
But mine were on his face

This tall dark handsome stranger
Had some strange spell on me
And when I chanced to glance away
Up came my chili

I kindly thanked the lady
Then took a little bite
But for food I wasn’t hungry
For something else was in my sight

I finally started eating
In the talk I got involved
They started chatting bout the workers
Then I really got enthralled

As I got up to leave
Once again he did pass by
I looked towards him one more time
And my mind began to fly

I stopped by the trash can
And then stepped out the door
I knew this strange spell on me
Was gone forever more

Well, at least until next time
When I come to eat
When I see this stranger
I’ll admit defeat

10/5/06 Elysha

Ha ha, yes, it was quite a memorable experience as you can tell. A few years later a roommate of mine introduced me to Kristin Chenoweth’s song “Taylor the Latte Boy.” I kind of became obsessed with the song, and may or may not be able to quote the entire song. A few years later I discovered that there was a rebuttal song to her version of Taylor the Latte Boy. It became my new favorite song, and I’d listen to it several times a day. I guess I’m not the first person to have this experience of falling for the man behind the counter. Enjoy the videos below :)





Actually, I have a funny story about this song as well. While I was going through my Taylor the Latte Boy phase, I posted a quote from this song on my Facebook wall. 

My status said: “So many years my heart has waited! Who’d have thought that love could be so caffeinated?” 

All of my friends who had heard this song wrote responses like, “Taylor the Latte boy did!” I had an older former Young Women’s leader who’d never heard the song before and posted, “I’m so happy you finally found someone! Who’s the lucky boy?” It was really funny, but I felt kind of bad about it. I had to write and tell her it was just lyrics from a song, not actually my proclamation of love.




No comments:

Post a Comment