Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday's Warrior



Sometimes I like to know everyone. Call it what you will, a blessing or a curse. Whatever it is, it took over my life today. I’m not complaining however, because I kind of loved it! The beginning of this story is really embarrassing; however, the more I think about it, the more I really want it to be the story that I tell everyone for the rest of my life of how I met my future husband. If not this story, then it has to be something as good, if not better.

 I didn’t feel very well this morning, so I put minimal effort into my clothing choice for today. In other words, I basically took 5 minutes, and put on clothes that I had worn on my mission. They look okay, but not anything special. I got to work this morning, and there wasn’t a lot for me to do. So I started observing what was going on, and tried to learn something. 

This guy walked in to be hired, and he used to work in the office. We’ll call him Jay. I talked to Jay last week on the phone, to ask him some questions about working, and to let him know he’d been hired. So it was nice to put a face with a name. He said I looked familiar. This tends to happen to me a lot, or vice versa where I know them. Because I couldn’t ever remember meeting him, I didn’t really try too hard to play " 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon," (for an explanation of this game, click here) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvQ-h6KTzCA even though it’s my favorite game to play with people. While he was filling out paper work, he was trying to figure out how he knew me. To try to make him feel better I said, “I’ve heard your voice before.” That just made him more excited. I finished with, “It seems we’ve talked like this before.” It was a Saturday’s Warrior moment if I’ve ever seen one. He definitely missed the reference however. So, my interest in him dwindled. 

Then he remembered: About a month before, my car had broken down when I was at institute, and I spent two hours in the parking lot/ church trying to figure out what to do. I went inside as a last resort to try to find someone, who would let me keep my car in the parking lot. There was a bishop and a guy in cowboy boots sitting down talking. The bishop looked up, and asked if they could help me. I tried to speak, but I was so frustrated and upset that I burst into tears. Not the highlight of my life. After speaking with the bishop for a little while, the nice guy in the cowboy boots gave me his number, and told me to call him, if I needed any more help or a ride anywhere. Flash forward to today…The guy in the cowboy boots, was the guy that used to work in my office, and was being hired for a new position next door. Jay. So if anyone ever asks, that’s how we met. I was a damsel in distress. “I’m a damsel. I’m in distress…Have a nice day!” 

That was the beginning of my morning. During lunch, I ran into an older lady who used to be an institute missionary when I went to Snow. I stared at her all during lunch, and finally went and said hello, right before I left. It was a wonderful reunion. 

Later I went shopping and this guy walked in, and we had a moment. Then he walked past, and he looked really familiar. I kind of stalked/ shopped over by him to make sure it was him, and it was. At the moment I can’t remember his name, but we went to EFY together like 7 years ago, and his best friends name was Spencer. I couldn’t get my courage up to go talk to him, so instead I went to check out, and as I did, he came over to get someone to open the dressing rooms for him. We stopped and awkwardly stared at each other, and then I turned around and grabbed my things and walked away. I think I’ve had a crush on him since EFY. I actually ran into him when I was in the MTC. I tried to awkwardly explain to him that I knew all of this stuff about him, because we’d gone to EFY together, and instead I think he just thought I was a freak. I didn’t want that to happen again, besides by that time I was wearing cut off capri’s and a shirt with a big heart on it…so I just shamefully walked away.

Last but not least, I stopped by one other store, and who should be inside? None other than my cousin and her husband. So I got to talk to them for about 30 min. I didn’t find anything that I liked at the stores, but it was good to get out, and freakishly run into people I know. So much for alone time.

No comments:

Post a Comment