Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

According To You



“According To You” –Orianthi
So I heard this song on the radio on my way to work this morning. I haven’t heard it in a long time, but it holds a special place in my heart. . I don’t remember the first time that I heard this song, but I think it was back in 2008. I had just gotten an I pod touch, and this song was on it. At first it was a great song, but I’d never dated anyone, so I couldn’t really relate to it. So I guess I changed the meaning so that I could relate. I don’t exactly know who the “you” in this song is, probably anyone and everyone, but for the “Him” in this song, I started thinking of who that could be. I decided that “Him” would have to be my Heavenly Father. Because,
 “According to Him
I'm beautiful,
incredible,
He can't get me out of his Head.
According to Him
I'm funny,
irresistible,
everything He ever wanted.”

Now every time I hear this song I just feel special and loved all at the same time! I’m glad that there is good music on the radio, with clean lyrics, and good messages. Also, let’s face it, she rocks it on her guitar solo. 

On another “note” (sorry I couldn’t help myself!) I got a new job!!!!! I put in my two weeks at my University, and in two weeks, will be working at a different neighboring University. I’ll be working as a Human Resources Assistant and I think I like it already! Not only do I get my own desk, but I also get a phone at my desk. Watch out world. It’s the little things that make me happy!
I found out last Thursday and as soon as I hung up the phone there was a lot of screaming and jumping up and down. When my roommate got home from work, she bought me balloons and some candy. Soon there after, my visiting teachers came over and dropped off a cookie and taught me a lesson. Then my neighbor showed up unannounced with a plate of 
cupcakes for no reason. After that, my land lords knocked on my door with an arm full of flowers that they had cut from their garden, and asked us if we’d like them. I took all of this as a sign that not only does God love me, but he’s excited for my new job as well, and made sure that I felt loved! Balloons, chocolate, flowers, it was better than my birthday!

So life is great, and it doesn’t matter what other people say or think because “According to Him, I’m everything He ever wanted!” I want to be what He wants me to be, and I think I’m going in the right direction. The scriptures say that if we start going on a path the Lord doesn’t want us to be on, he’ll let us know, or give us an absence of feelings. Well, I’m pretty sure I’m on the straight and narrow  ; )

Also, some people in my singles ward are doing a 30 day Book of Mormon challenge, and although it’s only been 3 days, I can already see the difference in my life. I have a confession, I am the worst scripture reader. It’s so hard for me, after about a verse, I give up or fall asleep. Because of this 30 day challenge, I read about 17 pages a day. There are exactly 30 days in June, so this is the perfect month to do this challenge.
The first day was hard, I fell asleep after 2 pages. I learned my lesson. Now when I read I’m sitting up somewhere that I can’t fall asleep and usually there’s something going on in the next room, so that keeps me awake. Join us! It will change your life. It’s already changed mine!





"According To You"
According to you
I'm stupid,
I'm useless,
I can't do anything right.
According to you
I'm difficult,
hard to please,
forever changing my mind.
I'm a mess in a dress,
can't show up on time,
even if it would save my life.
According to you. According to you.

But according to him
I'm beautiful,
incredible,
he can't get me out of his head.
According to him
I'm funny,
irresistible,
everything he ever wanted.
Everything is opposite,
I don't feel like stopping it,
so baby tell me what I got to lose.
He's into me for everything I'm not,
according to you.

According to you
I'm boring,
I'm moody,
you can't take me any place.
According to you
I suck at telling jokes cause I always give it away.
I'm the girl with the worst attention span;
you're the boy who puts up with that.
According to you. According to you.

But according to him
I'm beautiful,
incredible,
he can't get me out of his head.
According to him
I'm funny,
irresistible,
everything he ever wanted.
Everything is opposite,
I don't feel like stopping it,
so baby tell me what I got to lose.
He's into me for everything I'm not,
according to you.

I need to feel appreciated,
like I'm not hated. oh... no...
Why can't you see me through his eyes?
It's too bad you're making me decide.

According to me
you're stupid,
you're useless,
you can't do anything right.
But according to him
I'm beautiful,
incredible,
he can't get me out of his head.
According to him
I'm funny,
irresistible,
everything he ever wanted.
Everything is opposite,
I don't feel like stopping it,
baby tell me what I got to lose.
He's into me for everything I'm not,
according to you. (you, you)
According to you. (you, you)

According to you
I'm stupid,
I'm useless,
I can't do anything right.

No comments:

Post a Comment