So I haven’t written on here for a little while. My life has been pretty crazy the last little while. I got a new job and that’s been keeping me pretty busy. I went from working 25 hours a week to working full time for the last few weeks. I have so much more respect for the working class now! Seriously, how do people have so much energy and work a full time job? I guess going to bed at a decent hour helps. So…my car started having some problems this week. That was hard. It was perfect timing though, because I don’t actually really need it this week or next week, so I’m looking at it as a blessing. I just thought I’d share a few blessings because of this event that have happened in my life this week:
1. I’ve realized how many of my friends and family are truly here for me. They help anywhere from asking how my day is going, to helping push my broken car through a parking lot in the middle of the night.
2. I got flowers twice this week from work. This probably isn’t a big thing to anyone else, but on one of the hardest weeks, God sent me flowers!
3. A man stopped to help me after my car broke down, and told me he’d come back to help me if I needed it. I didn’t need his help, but as he was going to buy a tow chord to help my car, he ran into a really good friend that he hadn’t seen in 5 years, and they ended up talking all night long. (His blessing for trying to help me.)
4. I remembered that my college friend’s dad is a mechanic, so I drove over to his shop. While he was taking a look at my car, he told me that his daughter lost her job this week, and was looking for a new job. I told him that I knew that my old office had some openings, and that she could get some free tuition and better pay if she applied there. So because my car broke down, I found out about her plight, and might be able to help her get a job.
5. My cousin had a wedding reception this week, and my friend drove me over so we could help out. I ended up seeing some distant family that I haven’t seen in years. My uncle was also there, and he was able to help me with my car.
6. With all my time at mechanic shops in the last few weeks, I’ve had a lot of down time, and I’ve been working on reading my scriptures more, so luckily I have them on my Ipod, so the Lord is making time for me to stop, slow down, and read them. Also, my ward had a lot of extra Ensigns last month, and so I carry a stack of them around in my car, and so whenever I give someone a ride, I give them a copy. So I got to read that as well.
7. I didn’t want to go to leave work to go eat lunch, but I felt like I should. As I was leaving, I ran into a lady that’s married to one of the members of my MTC bishopric. I hadn’t seen her in about 3 years. It was a sweet reunion.
8. I went to buy some groceries at Walmart on Tuesday night, and they had freezers full of discounted frozen food. Which NEVER happens. So I bought a whole lot of food that I didn’t really need, but now my freezer is full! Later, I found out that some of their freezers had broken, so I got there right after they’d discounted all the food, before they’d been cleaned out.
9. tried to go visiting teaching, but I got there right as the girl I was supposed to teach was leaving to go somewhere else. Because we couldn’t stay and chat, I got to go to institute and not only hear exactly what I needed to hear, but also made like 3 new kindred spirits, who are awesome! I also got a bagel.
10. One of my co-workers got a hug from President Uchtdorf this week. The other said hello to Elder Christofferson, and I got to listen to apostles of the Lord teach new mission presidents. I also ran into a guy that I went to EFY with 7 years ago.
These are just a few of the many miracles that happened this week. They might not seem big, but they helped get me through the week. This week was going through my mind today, and I looked at it in a father/daughter way. He takes care of me.