Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy!


On Thursday after my management class I went to the library to study for the test. Studying went really well, and I even surprised myself with all the information that I was able to keep locked up in my mind. As I was walking to my class the next day, I decided to climb up the hill from a different point. It was a little easier, but I was still out of breath by the time I reached the top. On my way up I saw four guys running up and down the stairs on the hill. I was proud at them, but thought they were a little stupid at the same time. I got to the top of the hill at the same time as one of the other boys, and he was doubled over trying to catch his breath. When he saw me get to the top of the hill, he stood up and smiled as if to say, "That was easy. I'm totally in shape. I'm so excited to run back down this hill." Then one of the other boys that had reached the top of the hill did what I've wanted to do since I've been here. HE ROLLED DOWN THE HILL. He's inspired me. I then went and studied for a little bit longer. I showed up for my test after studying for an extra hour, and freaking out a little about how nervous I was to take the test. When my teacher walked in he started explaining a few things to us about the test. He told us he wanted to play us a song that would be the theme for the test. He then proceeded to play Don't Worry, Be Happy full blast. He also decided to sing at the top of his lungs in a Jamaican accent, while walking around the class smiling at all of us. It did make me feel better about the test, and I ended up getting a pretty good score. Who knew that that particular song could do so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment