Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Monday, April 12, 2010

Think Before You Speak

I have a tendency to speak without thinking sometimes. Usually my brain catches up with my words right after I say them. This weekend I decided to check out a new university campus. A really attractive guy named John gave our group a tour of the campus. While we were walking out of the college library one of John's friends came over, gave him a high-five, and started talking to him. As his friend was leaving, he turned to John and said, "So how's the dating life?" John turned to him and said, "I'm working on it." I was the first one to the big double doors leading out of the library. I wasn't sure if we were leaving the library yet so I turned to John and said, "Are we going out?" I had just heard what his friend had said, and so it sounded very planned, but it wasn't. No one else got my stupid joke, but the look on John's face was priceless as he smiled and said, "Yeah, we're going outside."

A few days ago some of my friends decided to have a BBQ. I got my food and went to sit down with my friends. After a little while, my friend Chipp went to get a drink. As he was walking back, I picked up a chip off of my plate and said, "Hey Chip!" I thought that I was secretly being very funny and that no one would get my humor. Imagine my suprise when I hear, "Are you talking to me or to the chip?" We all ended up laughing for the next few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment