Elysha's World

Elysha's World

Monday, April 19, 2010

Stuck in the Middle


Today in my English class we discovered who has and who hasn't been abducted by aliens. Basically if you sleep with your bed next to a wall, ever woken up scared in the middle of the night, or if you've ever been afraid of what's in your closet, than you've been abducted by aliens! I feel a little bit better knowing that my English teacher cares about us enough to shed some light on this extraterrestrial situation. Over half of my class now knows that their minds have been taken over.

After I left that class I got into a few awkward situations. I seem to be really good at getting my self mixed up in the middle of things, literally. To leave the building one must pass through two sets of double doors with a bar in between each set of doors. As I was leaving a really cute guy decided to hold the door open for me. That would have been fine, except it was a push in door. So he pushed in the door and held it open for me. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to wait for him to open the other door, so I just froze there for a minute. Then I decided to open the other door, but as I held my arm out to open the door, someone pulled from the other side and we stood there face to face in this tiny space with the really cute guy to my right. The person who had opened the door was surprised, but backed up and let me go through. I smiled and swiftly walked to my next destination. When I got there three people came out of three different doors, and they all looked at me as if to say, "Which door are you going to walk through?" They didn't know whether or not to hold their doors open for me. I finally went to one and as I walked through, once again someone came through the other side of it. We slid past each other and I continued on to my destination. I guess the saying "When one door closes another one opens" doesn't really apply to me. Now I look at the world through new eyes. My new saying is "When one door opens, another one opens."

No comments:

Post a Comment